Here we shared Online Banking System Project Synopsis. This eBanking – Online Banking System Project is a model Internet Banking Site. This site enables the customers to perform the basic banking transactions by sitting at their office or at homes through PC or laptop. The customers can access the banks website for viewing their Account details and perform the transactions on account as per their requirements. With Internet Banking, the brick and mortar structure of the traditional banking gets converted into a click and portal model, thereby giving a concept of virtual banking a real shape. Thus today’s banking is no longer confined to branches. E-banking facilitates banking transactions by customers round the clock globally.
The primary aim of this software is to provide an improved design methodology, which envisages the future expansion, and modification, which is necessary for a core sector like banking. This necessitates the design to be expandable and modifiable and so a modular approach is used in developing the software. Anybody who is an Account holder in this bank can become a member of online banking. He has to fill a form with his personal details and Account Number.
All transactions are carried out online by transferring from accounts in the same Bank. The software is meant to overcome the drawbacks of the manual system. The software has been developed using the most powerful and secure backend MS SQL Server and the most widely accepted web oriented as well as application oriented .Net Platform which is being deployed using MS Windows Server.
During the analysis phase the existing system was studied. The data flow in the existing system was studied .As part of the analysis; various documents for account opening, money transferred issuing, Cash withdrawing, customer information reports, and transaction reports were all collected. These were used in later stages to design the computerized forms used the existing system was determined. The deliverable for this stage was documentation on the existing system.
The system study is the first phase in the system life cycle. It involves studying the ways an organization currently retrieves and process data to produce information with the goal of determining how to make it better. For this, system analyst should develop alternative system and evaluate each terms of cost, benefit and feasibility. The term analysis, design and development are used in sequence, because in practice this sequence of steps used to construct computer based information system. System analysis includes the investigation and possible changes to the existing system. Analysis is used to gain an understanding of the existing system description and set of requirements for a new system. If there is no existing system, then analysis only defines the requirements. Development begins by defining a model of the new system and continues this model to a working system. The module of the system shows what the system must do to satisfy these’ requirements. Finally, the data models are to a database and processed to user procedures and computer programs status.
Problem in Exiting System
- The present system operated on LAN network.
- However activities like transaction are done by bank staff only.
- Customer needs to visit bank branch for all the requirement .
- Bank staff need to address all the customer query including balance query.
- Leads to tedious manual work
- The technique adopted in this system is more complicated.
- Customer dissatisfaction
In order to overcome the drawbacks in the existing LAN based system, we have developed online banking system for:
- Greater efficient and better data security
- Better information retrieval
- Consumption of time while generating report is less
- Reports can be viewed as and when needed from internet
Modules of Online Banking System Project
- Home – This is the home page of eBanking system, from this page user can click on Login link to go login page.
- Login – This is the login page for customer. Customer needs to login to access his account details and perform transaction over internet. Customer can use virtual key pad to type password. System logs all valid and invalid login attempts for security porpoise.
- Change Password – Logged user can change their password from this page, System automatically redirects user to change password page for first time user.
- My Account – System display all account no and details in this screen, user can select link to view mini statement and detail statement from this page
- Mini Statement – In this page system display current account balance, last 10 transaction.
- Account Statement – User can select the account no, date range to view the detail account statement.
- Profile – In this page customer can view his customer id, display name, email id and mobile no. Customer can update this information also.
- Fund Transfer – Customer can transfer funds from and to his own account or other accounts. System validates amount limit, available balance before transfer.
- Payee– From this page customer can add payee details like payee account no, payee name. This details are used in Fund transfer screen.
- Cheque book request– User can view old request and add new Cheque book request from this page.
- Find Branch– Customer can search bank branch by entering bank address, city, area, pincode from this page.