This eBilling and Invoice System project is made for one of the big decorator services in Mumbai, they supply decorating item to film industry for movie shooting. Presently they issue their client handwritten invoice and they enter details in manual register. And maintain MS Excel file for product rate. They want computerization of their manual invoice and bill generation process. This project developed in Visual Basic 6.0.
The client uses MS Excel, and maintains their product list, customer list, and prints the invoice, however it is not possible them to share the data from multiple system in multi user environment, there is lot of duplicate work, and chance of mistake. When the product price are changed they need to update each and every excel file. There is no option to find and print previous saved invoice.
There is no security; any body can access any report and sensitive data, also no reports to find out the sales volume, stock list, and summary report. This eBilling and invoicing system is used to overcome the entire problem which they are facing currently, and making complete atomization of manual billing and invoicing system.
The business goal for the application is to support an increase the productivity and complete automation of existing manual bill and invoice generation process. Business requirements are discussed in the Scope section, with the following additional detail:
- Sales representatives need a method to store and access sales opportunity data, and when a sale is generated, convert some or all of the information into a sales order without re-entering information.
- Each sales representative should receive customer and sales data pertinent only to them.
- The accountant should be able to enter or update product information in one interface only, with all necessary product information being received by sales staff.
- Manager must receive his or her customer and appointment data plus detailed and rollup information for each sales representative on his or her team.
- The application should support the capability to use multi user environment.
- The MIS Executive should able to generate all type of reports as and when required by the management.