STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – PROJECT SUMMARY for Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) is a System that manages the records of student regarding admission and examination part. A Student Management System (SMS) is designed to help collages for management of dental student. Extensive information is available at your fingertips through this System. Viewing student data, managing admission and reshuffling ,managing seats, quota, board, semester, faculty, category and for examination, block allocation, subject management , scheduling exam, result and related issues are made simple and easy. There are custom search capabilities to aid in finding student information and working on student records. This can make the system easier to navigate and to use maximizing the effectiveness of time and other resources. SMS allows the keeping of personnel data in a form that can be easily accessed and analyzed in a consistent way.
The student management system (SMS) is a software application that is designed to manage and organize student data. It is intended to be used by teachers, administrators, and other school staff to track student information, including contact details, enrollment status, and academic progress. The SMS is also intended to be used to manage student schedules, assignments, and grades, as well as to handle attendance tracking and behavior management.
The main objectives of the SMS are to:
- Provide a centralized location for storing and managing student data.
- Streamline many of the administrative tasks involved in managing a school.
- Provide teachers with valuable tools for tracking student progress and providing support.
- Automate many of the tasks involved in student management to save time and resources.
- Provide a more efficient and effective way to manage student data.
STUDENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – PROJECT SUMMARY
The SMS module is a component covering many other student aspects from application to retirement. The system records basic personal information, admission information, education information regarding student. Leading edge systems provide the ability to “read” applications and enter relevant data to applicable database fields, notify student and provide result. Student management function involves
- Manage new admission and enrolment
- Manage quota
- Manage board
- Manage category
- Manage Fees Structure
- Roll number generation
- Fees payment
- student Basic Information
- Manage faculty
- Manage designation
- Manage course and specialty
- Manage semester and year
- admission seat management
- Exam scheduling
- Result management
- Subject management
- Block management
In SMS, every user has a Login ID and Password. Also all the users have different permission rights to access the applications. These rights are Dynamic and can be changed.
There are three main roles in the system. Admin, accountant and operator. Admin has complete access to the whole system, while accountant is only concerned with payment of fees for the admission of the student. Operator is the role that is responsible for the use of the system.
The Admin role can be as follow:
- Introduce new quota, board, category, course, etc
- Set fees structures
- Manage faculties
- Manage subjects
- Seat management
- Management of semester
- Generation of student roll number
- Set examination
The operator role can:
- New admission and enrolment
- Search student
- Block allocation
- Result, etc
Now when the user with the particular role Logs on he can see only those pages which are allowed to them.
The project is about to handle all the information of the student regarding admission and examination. Also it manages resources which were managed and handled by manpower previously. The main purpose of the project is to integrate distinct sections of the organization into consistent manner so that complex functions can be handled smoothly by any technical or non-technical persons.
The project aims at the following matters:
- Automation of admission and enrolment as per board, quota, category and available seats.
- Assistance in decision-making.
- To manage information of student, faculty and courses.
- Consistently update information of all the students.
- Reports- To gather all the related information about any application of the HRMS.
All the above-mentioned matters are to be incorporated in the application along with some additional requirements.
The main purpose of the Admin Module is to introduce new things and configure important aspects. For e.g. only admin is authorized to introduce quota, board, subject, category, etc. and only admin is allowed to configure exam and set fees structure. So the master screens for all these are visible to only admin role. This is done by the Admin Module. It also can create the users and Physical and Logical Locations. Thus the main purpose of the Admin Module is to managing the dynamic working of the system.
The scope of the project includes the following
- Any college can use this system as it is not client centric.
- All admission and examination related work for the student can be done using this system.
- Deliver Electronic Workplace
- Provide Bi-lingual support
- Application Support & Maintenance after deployment to production
- The Admin Module can be reused for projects as well which have many users with different rights. Hence it is reusable.
1.4 TECHNOLOGY & LITERATURE REVIEW
We are not having any past work system. We are designing this project for the first time. So we are free to use any technology that we want .Online Recruitment is a web application developed using ASP.Net using C# used as front end with Sql server-2005 used as back end.
The .NET Framework is a set of objects and blueprints from
Fig 1.1 .NET framework Architecure
Microsoft for building applications.
The .NET Framework provides the underlying functionality of ASP.NET. All applications developed under the .NET framework including ASP.NET applications, have certain key feature that ensure compatibility, security, and stability.