Online Banking System Project in PHP – This provides is specifically developed for online banking for Balance Enquiry, Funds Transfer to another account in the same bank, Loan details, Request for cheque book/ change of address/ stop payment of cheques, Mini statements (Viewing Monthly and annual statements).
The Traditional way of maintaining details of a user in a bank was to enter the details and record them. Every time the user need to perform some transactions he has to go to bank and perform the necessary actions, which may not be so feasible all the time. It may be a hard-hitting task for the users and the bankers too. The project gives real life understanding of Online Banking System and activities performed by various roles in the supply chain. Here, we provide an automation for banking system through Internet. Online Banking System project captures activities performed by different roles in real life banking which provides enhanced techniques for maintaining the required information upto- date, which results in efficiency. The project gives real life understanding of Online Banking System and activities performed by various roles in the supply chain.
Scope of the Project:
This Project investigates the entry threshold for providing a new transaction service channel via the real options approach, where the entry threshold is established by using an Internet banking system designed for the use of normal users(individuals), Industrialists, Entrepreneurs,Educational Institutions(Financial sections), Organizations and Academicians under transaction rate uncertainty.
- Customer must have a valid User Id and password to login to the system
- If a wrong password is given thrice in succession, that account will be locked and the customer will not be able to use it. When an invalid password is entered a warning is given to the user that his account is going to get locked.
- After the valid user logs in he is shown the list of accounts he has with the bank.
- On selecting the desired account he is taken to a page which shows the present balance in that particular account number.
- User can request for the details of the last ‘n’ number of transactions that he has performed.
- A report can also be taken of this.
- User can make a funds transfer to another account in the same bank. User is provided with a transaction password which is different from the login password.
- User can transfer funds from his account to any other account with this bank. If the transaction is successful a notification should appear to the customer, in case it is unsuccessful, a proper message should be given to the customer as to why it failed.
- User can request for cheque book/change of address/stop payment of cheque’s
- User can view his monthly as well as annual statements. He can also take print out of the same.
- Generate reports at every section
- Administrator can take a back up of the database for every instance that is happening, periodically.
- All users are authenticated to avail the services
- FAQ section is also included for end users benefit.
Definitions, Acronyms and Abbreviations
- Administrator: He is the super user who can add new customers into banking system, and assigns corresponding username, password, account type and other details. When any customer cancels his account from the bank, he can delete their account and stop the transactions immediately. He can generate different reports. He also takes the system backup.
- Customers: After logging in customer can request for balance enquiry in his account, Funds Transfer to another account in the same bank, Request for cheque book/change of address/stop payment of cheques, Mini statements (Viewing Monthly and annual statements).
- HTTP: Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
- Technology Implemented: Apache Server
- Language Used: PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) 5.3
- Database: MySQL Database 5.5
- User Interface Design: HTML, AJAX
- Web Browser: Mozilla, Google Chrome, IE8
- Operating System: Windows XP/ Windows 7/ Linux
- Programming Language: PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor) 5.3
- Software: XAMPP
The Online Banking System consists of following modules:
- Login Process module: Customer login in an online banking system is the process by which customers access their bank accounts and perform various transactions electronically. It typically involves entering a unique username or customer ID and a password or other authentication factors. This login process ensures that only authorized individuals can access their accounts and protects sensitive financial information. Once successfully logged in, customers can view account balances, transfer funds, pay bills, manage investments, and access other banking services available through the online platform.
- Balance Enquiry module: Balance enquiry is a module within an online banking system that allows customers to view the current balance of their bank accounts. It is designed to provide accurate and up-to-date information regarding the financial status of a particular account.
- Account Management module: This module allows customers to view account balances, transaction history, and account statements. It also enables them to manage their accounts, such as opening new accounts, closing accounts, and setting up account alerts.
- Fund Transfe moduler: The fund transfer module enables customers to transfer money between their own accounts or to other accounts within the same bank or to accounts in other banks.
- Loan Management module: This module provides information and functionality related to loans. Customers can apply for loans, view loan details, make loan payments, and calculate loan repayment schedules.
- Fixed deposit module: The fixed deposit module is a component of an online banking system that allows customers to open, manage, and monitor fixed deposit accounts. Fixed deposits, also known as time deposits or term deposits, are investment products offered by banks where customers deposit a specific amount of money for a fixed period at a predetermined interest rate.