The “Cake Ordering System (COS)” objective is to provide a system which manages the sales activity in a cake shop for each day and its calculation which is very huge. The users will consume less amount of time when compared to manual paper work through the automated system.
Download Project code:
The system will take care of all the sales servicing activity in a quick manner. Data storing is easier. It will be able to check any report at any time. Paper work and manual work is reduced. The system is user friendly and easy to use.
The” Cake Ordering System (COS)”activity is based on ordering and selling the cake for each customer. Each customer will be given unique order number. As soon as this the customer’s name and contact details are added for reference. Next the cake is selected and stuffing type is also added if required. The user should enter the date of delivery and also the quantity. A separate bill is produced for the confirmation and the customer can do any advance payment. Duringthe day of delivery, the customer will be producing the bill of order. According to it, again a bill is generated for selling purpose and the customer is supposed to pay the balance amount. All the data’s are being stored in the database.
Admin has the authority to add cake details, flavour details and rate. And he also has the right to edit and delete those details to/from the list. Admin provides username and password for each user. At the end of the day report is generated to calculate the payment for each user in each day.
Modules of the software:
- Account Configuration:
- Cake: A new type of cake is added which includes the name of the cake and the rate. Also the details can be edited if necessary only by the admin. Along with this any of the details can easily be deleted by him.
- Flavor: 2 types of cake flavor are added namely outside stuffing and inside stuffing and separate rate is added for flavors. The admin has the authority to modify the details added and he also has the right to delete those details.
- Report: Here the user can look through the order collected by each user and also can share the payment, he earned in each day.
- Registration: As soon as the user joins the company, the admin provides unique username and password to him.
- Order:Here the customer orders for cake by providing his name and contact for identification and a unique order number will be generated from the software. A separate bill is generated for the confirmation purpose.
- Sale:On the day of delivery, as soon as the customer produces the bill of order and his unique order number, the user checks in the system whether that order number and order is available or not. If so he will pass the bill of order to the production counter and finally sales bill can be generated.
- Logout: This module allows the user to Logout the application. Further operations cannot be performed after user exits
Languages to be used:
- Front End: Visual Basic.net
- Back End: Microsoft SQL (Structured Query Language) Server:
- Hardware requirements:
- Processor: Intel dual core or above
- Processor Speed:1.0GHZ or above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM or above
- Hard Disk: 20 GB hard disk or above
- Software requirements:
- Language: Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
- Database: Microsoft SQL server 2008
- Future Scope of the Project:
- Reduction of paper work.
- Human effort or Manual Labor can be reduced drastically.
- Major operations that are done manually can be done within a matter of seconds.