This page contains SRS documentation for Hospital Management System. The SRS is produced at the culmination of the analysis task. The function and performance allocated to software as part of the system engineering and refined by establishing a complete information description, a detailed functional description, a representation of system behavior, indication of performance requirements and design constrains, appropriate validation criteria and the other information related to requirements.
The SRS is technical specification of requirement of Hospital Management system. This specification describes what the proposed system should do without describing how it will do it. It also describes complete external behavior of proposed system.
SRS documentation for Hospital Management System
An SRS (Software Requirements Specification) document is a detailed description of the requirements for a software system. It typically includes information about the purpose of the system, its users and stakeholders, the functions and features it should have, and any constraints or limitations it should adhere to. Here are some key components that might be included in an SRS document for a hospital management system:
- Introduction: This section provides an overview of the purpose and scope of the hospital management system, as well as any relevant background information.
- Stakeholders: This section identifies and describes the various stakeholders of the system, including patients, healthcare providers, hospital staff, and administrators.
- User requirements: This section lists the functional and non-functional requirements of the system, as defined by the stakeholders. This might include requirements related to patient management, appointment scheduling, billing and insurance, inventory management, and reporting and analytics.
- System capabilities: This section outlines the key features and functions of the hospital management system, such as the ability to store and access electronic health records, schedule appointments, and process payments.
- Constraints and limitations: This section lists any constraints or limitations that the system should adhere to, such as security and privacy considerations, regulatory compliance, and technical limitations.
- Assumptions and dependencies: This section lists any assumptions that have been made about the system, as well as any dependencies on other systems or external factors.
Overall, the SRS document for a hospital management system should provide a detailed and comprehensive description of the requirements and capabilities of the system, helping to ensure that it meets the needs of its users and stakeholders.
The main purpose of our system is to make hospital task easy and is to develop software that replaces the manual hospital system into automated hospital management system. This document serves as the unambiguous guide for the developers of this software system.
The document only covers the requirement specification for the hospital management system. This document does not provide any references to the other component of the hospital management system. All the external interfaces and the dependencies are also identified in this document.
The overall scope of the feasibility study was to provide sufficient information to allow a decision to be made as to whether the hospital management system project should proceed and so, its relative priority in the context of the other existing hospital management system.
The feasibility study of this project had undergone through various steps which as describe as under:
a) Identify the origin of the information at different level.
b) Identify the expectation of user from computerized system.
c) Analyze the drawback of existing system.
- CFD: – Context Flow Diagram
- DFD: – Data Flow Diagram
- IDE: – Integrated Development Environment
- Java:-PlatformIndependent,Object_orientedprogramming language
- SQL: – Structured Query Language
- SRS: – Software Requirement Specification.
- An integrated approach to software engineering, Third edition by Pankaj jalote
- Java – Balaguruswamy
- SQL server 2005 – JosephL Jordan
Hospital Management System is a process of implementing all the activities of the hospital in a computerized automated way to fasten the performance.
This project is to maintain the patient details, lab reports and to calculate the bill of the patient. You can also manually edit any patient details and issue bill receipt to patient within few seconds.
This project gives the procedural approach how a patient gets treatment, details about date of treatment and finally depending on different criteria like room allocated, lab reports, treatment and medicine taken…..etc,how billing is calculated. During billing health card facility is also considered.
The data represented in hospital management application will perform the following major function:-
- Patient Details: – It includes inpatient and outpatient details.
- Lab reports
- Billing Details
This software will help to calculate the bill much quicker and simpler way. This enables the organization to keep the information in efficient and systematic way.
This software is developed such that total appearance of the product to make it more user friendly. The operator will be provided with loginid and password. General users with basic computer skills can use this software.
Any update regarding the patients information from the hospital are to be recorded to have updated and correct values.
Assumption and Dependencies:-
All the data entered will be correct and up_to_date.This software package is developed using java as front end which is supported by sun micro system, MS SQL server 2005 as the back end which is supported by Microsoft windows xp.
The capability of the computer depends on the performance of the software. The software can take any number of input provided the database size is large enough. This would depend on the available memory space.
This will help the doctors or users to view the records of the patients immediately whenever necessary. They can also calculate the bill of the particular patients. This software also has the ability to add, update and delete the record whenever needed. This project will help to smoother the process of the hospital activites.