A student information system (SIS) is a software application or set of integrated applications that helps educational institutions to manage student data. It typically includes features for storing and organizing student information, tracking student attendance, managing student grades and transcripts, and handling other administrative tasks related to student enrollment and progression.
Here are some examples of the types of data and functionality that might be included in a student information system:
- Student demographic information: The system would store basic information about each student, such as name, contact details, date of birth, and enrollment status.
- Enrollment and course management: The system would allow students to enroll in courses and track their progress, including the ability to view schedules, access course materials, and submit assignments. It might also include tools for managing class schedules and schedules for other student activities.
- Attendance tracking: The system might include tools for tracking student attendance, such as a mobile app for students to check in or out of class or a feature for teachers to take attendance electronically.
- Grading and transcripts: The system would include features for managing student grades and generating transcripts, including the ability to input grades, calculate grade point averages (GPAs), and generate official transcripts.
- Communication: The system might include tools for communication between students, teachers, and other stakeholders, such as a messaging system or integration with email or SMS.
- To make the application of Student Information System usable for the College or Universities.
- To access the student’s records and get the desired information which may require.
- To automate the existing system of manually maintain the records of the student records, Students Details, Attendance Details, Internal Marks etc.
- To increase data accuracy, make student information management more secure, effective, convenient and accessible.
- To coordinate information across the system to simplify student access to University resources
This project is aimed at how the institute can improve the efficiency of the services. Student Information System is one of the application to improve the information of any particular student. This application involves almost all the features of the information system; the future implementation will be online help for the users to obtain information.
RDBMS (Relational Database Management System)
Relational Database Management System is a type of Database Management System that stores data in the form of related tables. Relational databases are powerful because they require few assumptions about how data is related or how it will be extracted from the database. An important feature of relational systems is that a single database can be spread across several tables.
- Student Detail Edit: Student details can be edited by searching for a particular student. Editing is allowed to administrative login.
- Student Details: Student details contains the personal details of any particular student which may contain student name, fathers name, dob, address etc.
- Course: Course will consists of the different options which can be opted by the student s for example like BCA, BBM, B.Sc etc
- Student Attendance Reports: Student Attendance report consists of the number of the total number of classes attended by any particular student.
- Internal Marks Details: Internal Marks gives the marks scored by the student in the internal examination held by the colleges or universities.