An online bookstore script is a computer program that allows users to browse, search for, and purchase books online. It typically includes a website or web-based application that users can access to browse books, view details and reviews, and make purchases. Online Bookstore that allows users to conduct a search of its inventory of book titles and make a purchase. This project uses Microsoft access database. Search box that allows users to search for a book by subject, title, or author. ASP script is used to develop this project. This project is developed for BCA students.
Here are some features that you might consider including in an online bookstore script:
- Book catalog: The script should include a catalog of books, organized by categories and subcategories, and allow users to browse and search for books.
- Book details: The script should display detailed information about each book, including the cover image, title, author, price, and a summary or excerpt.
- Reviews and ratings: The script should allow users to write reviews and ratings of books, and display the average rating and number of reviews for each book.
- Shopping cart and checkout: The script should allow users to add books to a shopping cart and proceed to checkout, where they can enter their payment and shipping information and complete their purchase.
- Customer accounts: The script should allow users to create and manage their own accounts, including saved payment and shipping information and a history of past purchases.
- Front End : Active server Pages(ASP)
- Back End : Microsoft Access Driver (MDB)
1) PWS(Personal Web Server) or IIS (Internet Information Server) is installed on your system.
2) Java Script is enabled in your browser.
3) If you want to view the database file then Microsoft Access 2000 or later version is installed in your system.
1) Extract rar files.
2) Mark the directory as virtual.
3) Open your web browser(Internet Explorer/Netscape) and type the following address: http://localhost/virtualdirectoryname
4) Enjoy using this E-Commerce project 🙂
A Few Words About Me:-
My name is Zeeshan Mahmood. I am a Software/Web Developer, currently working in Vertex – Creative Marketing Company (http://www.vertexpk.com) and running ASP/ASP.NET portal (http://www15.brinkster.com/visualaspkit).
Here is my expertise:
Better knowledge of e-Commerce and e-Business
Architecturing the web
OOP (Object Oriented Programming)
HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language)
DHTML (Dynamic Hyper Text Markup Language)
CSS (Cascading Style Sheet)
Java Script (Both Client/Server Side)
VB Script (Both Client/Server Side)
ASP (Active Server Pages)
ASP.NET (Active Server Pages .NET with C# and VB.NET)
ASP.NET For Mobile Web Applications
ASP.NET Server Controls Development
COM (Component Object Model)
XML (Extensible Markup Language)
XML Web Services
XSL (Extensible Style Sheet Language)
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft Front Page
Macromedia Flash 5 (With full action script technology)
Adobe Image Ready (for animated images)
Email Address: email@example.com