Online Library Management System is a system, which maintains the information about the books present in the library, their authors, the members of library to whom books are issued, library staff and all. Online Library JSP Project is a system which maintains the information about the books present in the library, their authors, the members of library to whom books are issued, library staff and all. This is very difficult to organize manually. Maintenance of all this information manually is a very complex task. Owing to the advancement of technology, organization of an Online Library becomes much simple.
The Online Library Management has been designed to computerize and automate the operations performed over the information about the members, book issues and returns and all other operations.
This computerization of library helps in many instances of its maintenances. It reduces the workload of management as most of the manual work done is reduced.
The main objectives of undertaking this project are:
- The students will register them through Online
- Individually each member will have his account through which he can access the information he needs.
- Book details like authors, number of copies totally maintained by library, present available number of books, reference books, non-reference books etc. all this information can be made handy.
- Regarding the members designation, number of books was issued.
- Issue dates and returns of each member is maintained separately and fine charged if there is any delay in returning the book.
- Administrator can add, update the books.
- Time consuming is low, gives accurate results, reliability can be improved with the help of security.
- Operating System : Windows XP
- Technology : Java 1.6
- Web Server : Tomcat 5.5
- Database : Oracle 10g
Use case diagram for entire online library management system
Use case diagram for issues
Use case diagram for returns