Keep in Touch – Smart Messenger, that we believe all others will bow down to is the messaging app developed specially for android platform for communication between two users or group of users. Currently, the communication in this application is using TCP. A MySQL database is used as a backbone to store the user information.
Nowadays, smart phones i.e. cell phones with android platform software are being widely used all over the world. This has mainly been due to the features of Android platform such as high flexibility in application, reasonable cost, good durability and user friendly in handling etc. As a result of this, the demand of applications developed in Android platform is increasing.
Although a mobile phone provides a large number of facilities, its basic use is to establish communication between two users. A large percentage of these users are young adults that include college students. And, the established communication should be reasonable, cheap, and secured. In addition to serving as a phone device, smartphones are also capable of video/picture/text exchanges, accessing the Internet.
Project title: Keep in Touch – Smart Messenger
- It provides the facility to send the text message to multiple users at a same time.
- Using this application, you can send texts, pictures and videos as message.
- The online or offline status of a user is displayed by the application.
- Since the application has data compressing feature, it minimizes the charge of internet use.
- The application works even in the slow internet connections.
Project Category: Mobile application
Hardware & Software requirements:
The project is developed in Java Programming Language by Using the Eclipse integrated Development Environment (IDE). Android Software Development Toolkit (SDK) id used, which includes a variety of custom tools that help us in developing mobile applications on the Android platform. The most important of these are the Android Emulator and the Android Development Tools (ADT) plug in for Eclipse.
- Java 1.6 runtime
- integrated development Toolkit
- Android Development Tools (ADT) plug in for Eclipse
- Android Emulator
- Technology: j2me
- PHP (PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor)
Due to the growing use of android platform software cell phones, the need of a new and genuine android application is increasing. Since online chatting is the most widely accepted means of communication for today’s world, this Android based Smart Messenger application seems to have good scope and future as described in this post.