Information Desk System DFD – A data flow diagram (DFD) for an information desk system might include the following components:
- External entities: These are external entities that interact with the information desk system, such as customers or staff members.
- Processes: These are the processes that occur within the information desk system, such as retrieving information or updating records.
- Data stores: These are the data stores that the information desk system uses to store and retrieve information, such as databases or file systems.
- Data flows: These are the data flows between the external entities, processes, and data stores. For example, a customer might request information from the system, which would trigger a process to retrieve the information from the data store and return it to the customer.
Here is an example of a simple DFD for an information desk system:
[Customer] –> [Request Information] –> [Retrieve Information] –> [Information] <– [Update Records] <– [Staff]
In this example, the customer is an external entity that sends a request for information to the system. The request triggers a process to retrieve the information from the data store, which is then returned to the customer. The staff member is another external entity that can update records in the data store.
The Information Desk System has six modules. They are System Administrator module, officer module, School principal module.
OFFICER MODULE –
This module enables the officer to access the data that has been sent by the school principal. The officer will also return feedback to the school principal.
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR MODULE
The module enables the system administrator to perform system and database backup or restore functions. The system administrator may view the audit log, which records all users access to the database. An event log that captures unsuccessful or unauthorized logon to the system is also available.
SCHOOL PRINCIPAL MODULE
In this module the school principal is in charge of the schools activities. He is supposed to collect the required data such as the number of students, the number of teachers, the number of classes, the attendance of both teachers and the students.
To increase the speed and rate of service to be able to serve as many schools as possible in a quality and efficient way.
- To enhance better storage and retrieval of schools records.
- To enhance accuracy during analyzing and auditing of the schools records.
- To be able to give out response to the authorities and the schools in time.
- To enable the office to run its services smoothly.
CFD (CONTEXT DIAGRAM):
Information Desk System DFD:
INPUT AND OUTPUT FORMS
This is the form that the admininstator will use in order to be able to add, update and make reports on the data collected from the schools.
The headteachers will also use this form to enter the record required; of the students and the teachers before the end of the month.
officer detail form
This is the form that will be used to obtain all the information about the teachers and students. The number of teachers in the school, the amount paid the gender of the teacher and the number of teachers in a class. The number of students, the gender of students and their disciplines.
Administration detail form
This form will be used to analyze the information send by the school principal. The administrator will log in to the system and look through the records.
School Principal detail form
This form will be used by the school principle to key in data about the school.
The system generates reports on all reservations which can in turn be used by government in decision making.
This report will display the student’s information like the attendance and the number of the students.
This report will display the teachers records. The number of teachers in a school, the attendance of the teachers and their qualifications.
This report will display the information about the school. The number of classes, the number of dormitories and the general school standards.
DETAILS TABLE OF OFFIER
|Student population||Varchar (24)||NOT NULL|
|School Description||Varchar(30)||NOT NULL|
|Number of schools||Int(23)||NOT NULL|
|Number of Teachers||Int(38)||NOT NULL|
|Annual Student Intake Statistics||Varchar(24)||NOT NULL|
DETAIL TABLE OF SCHOOL PRINCIPAL
|Id_no||Varchar (30)||FOREIGN KEY|
|School Name||Varchar(30)||NOT NULL|