Online Library Management System In Java – As the library and information services community seeks to cope with new patterns of information provision, new technology and changing financial circumstances, it is critical to gain new thinking across the profession. The Latest research, innovative theory and best organizational practice are all presented in Library Management System.
Library Management System website which is used to supply the books to the user. This is done through JAVA technologies. This has various technical areas. It includes WINDOWS XP as the operating System, Oracle as Database. The front end deals with GUI and source code deals with Oracle (Backend).
Library Management System provides knowledge and practical perspectives all aspects of management of libraries and information services, which will prove invaluable to managing a library or information services cost effectively, while meeting the needs of its users.
Library Management System is one of the most tedious processes, which involves the regular updating of many files and records. As new members enroll for membership the management has to issue a unique membership code for that member. For this they have to keep a track of many records such as student details, book details and maintain a number of registers. Doing this manually involves a lot of time and labor. Hence this can be made easy through automation.
- Library Management System is website used to provide information regarding the books in a library to the user.
- It can be accessed by unlimited number of users.
- Each user will be assigned a different set of permissions for each module of the library including basic searching, permissions, advance booking etc.
- The user can take of use his required books up to the time limit extended to him.
- At the cross of his time limit he may face the fine.
- Fine session is under the control of administration.
- The administrator has to generate daily/weekly/Monthly reports, which include the details of books, issued, returned, collection of fine etc.
Proposed system is the one that is going to be automated, so that it is easy to retrieve the responses from the system fastly and updating the details once the response or services are provided to the end-users upon their request without any difficulty and saves time.
Library is a place that caters to the needs of book lovers. Managing a library is no easy task due to advent of digital and web libraries it has become indispensable to use computers in management of a library.
- Operating System : Windows XP/2003 or Linux/Solaris
- User Interface : HTML, CSS
- Programming Language : Java
- Web Applications : JDBC, JNDI, Servlets, JSP
- IDE/Workbench : Eclipse with MyEclipse Plug-in
- Database : Oracle/Access
- Server Deployment : RetHat JBoss AS