An online air ticket booking system is a software application that allows users to search for, compare, and book flights over the internet. It typically includes a search function that allows users to enter their travel details (such as departure and arrival cities, travel dates, and number of travelers) and displays a list of available flights that meet their criteria. The system may also allow users to filter their search results by factors such as price, airline, or flight duration. Once a user has selected a flight, they can book their ticket and pay for it using a credit card or other online payment method.
- Front End : ASP Script
- Back End : Microsoft Access Driver (MDB)
Online air ticket booking system database might include:
- Flights: This table would store information about each flight, such as the flight number, departure and arrival cities, departure and arrival times, flight duration, and the number of available seats.
- Airlines: This table would store information about each airline, such as the name, logo, and contact information.
- Airports: This table would store information about each airport, such as the airport code, name, location, and time zone.
- Prices: This table would store the prices for each flight, including the base price and any applicable taxes or fees.
- Bookings: This table would store information about each booking, such as the flight and user details, the number of travelers, and the booking status (e.g. confirmed, cancelled).
- Users: This table would store information about each user of the system, such as their name, contact details, and login credentials.
- Payment methods: This table would store information about the various payment methods that are accepted by the system, such as credit card or PayPal.
- Payment transactions: This table would store information about each payment transaction, including the booking reference, payment method, and transaction amount.